Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

It's the taking part that counts

Bang the drum and blow the horn as I head for the finish line.  This has been quite a week. I was set the challenge of blogging every day for a week, reluctantly I accepted the challenge. Not because I don't love this little blog of mine, but more because my reliability to blog regularly is questionable.  And now I have reached the crux of the matter.  As I said last night us blogging folk have a responsibility to our readers and followers and if we wish to gain their trust, loyalty and support then we have to earn it. Being inconsistent and random with your posts does nothing to endear you to your readers and I have been guilty of this.  So if I have learned anything over the last week it is this:

Your trust, loyalty and support is very important to me, but I have to step up to the plate and at least take part in the stage play if I want an appreciative audience. A bit like life really, if you want to make any mark in this world you have to participate, sitting on the sidelines moaning about your lot is much easier than actually doing something about it.  We can all run our own marathon, take up a challenge, achieve a goal but is does require a bit of an effort, a little thought along with a certain amount of commitment and determination.  What can you expect in return?  An overwhelming sense of fulfillment and satisfaction and an acknowledgment to yourself for giving it a go.

Personally I would like to thank all of you who have supported me this week by leaving encouraging comments and inspiring words; for staying loyal to someone who doesn't have a good track record on the blogging front, but most of all for taking the time to visit this page.  I do not want to make empty promises by saying I will continue to blog every day. I will, however, endeavour to be more regular - even once a week would be a vast improvement on my previous performance and I will try to live up to the statement I have at the top of this blog "I hope that your creativity will often be motivated, enthused, stimulated, that you will occasionally be: amused, entertained, inspired, that you will never be: bored"

I will leave you with some up to date artwork.  This sample features a dress form from Chocolate Baroque's brand new Haberdashery stamp set combined with stamps from the Eccentric Edwardian set, brushed over with a selection of distress inks.

 
I hope you find joy in everything you do. Until the next time...

Lesley

17 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Another thoughtful post - we cannot lose if we dare but if we don't put our toe in we'll never find out........... somehow I ended up married! But I knew if I didn't try I'd always wonder.
Love your mix of the old & new & the colours are a dream.
Paula (PEP)

JanetV said...

Hi Lesley. Lovely to read your blog and see your creations AND I have chuckled over your comments.
I have now created an account so that I can leave you a comment.
Love your new downloadables. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Take care and hope to see you soon
Janet

Glenda said...

Love the card Lesley - sorry I haven't been able to keep up this week, but you know why!

I for one know what talent you have and what a good teacher and demonstrator you are, so I hope you will keep up the blogging because I think you have the potential to be a very inspirational blogger.

Now I need to go take my own advice ...

Glenda

syy said...

Well done Lesley - always love all
the designs/cards you make and you
have given us all such inspiration over the years. Look forward to
seeing many more of your cards on 'your blog'.

Sylvia

Claire said...

Well done on the blogging lark Lesley and what a gorgeous creation. Those stamps are a beautiful combination.
Claire xx

Debbie said...

Well done Lesley. A great post showing an inspiring card. I must say I'm an irregular blogger so must try harder. I'm off to download your new download. Love them. Hugs Debbie

Debbie said...

Have been to CB and bought them all. Debbie

Kathryn said...

Well done you xxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

A fabulous card Lesley, love the colours and combination of stamps. It's been great reading your posts this week, and I hope that you do manage to blog more regularly, it's been nice having you around. Hugs Judith xx

veronica said...

well done on the challenge - was nice to have you back regularly!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Lesley, sorry it's taken me so long to visit. - there just aren't enough hours in the day. It's a great blog & I shall return.

Clare said...

Beautiful card, Lesley! Your work is amazing! You are so good at engineering paper! Hugs!

Clare said...

Your blog is AWESOME & WOW!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Love this one, great back-ground!!!

Greetings
Maria

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your card is beautiful, I also love the background ! The colors are also fantastic ! Shirley

GinaA said...

Hi Lesley, can't promise I will leave a comment every week but you do totally gorgeous artwork. I remember your class very well and it would be lovely to see you again.
Best wishes
GinaA

Miranda said...

Hi Lesley, sorry.....have missed this lovely creation of you! It's a great combination of stamps and colour! warm greetz Mirandax