Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

Lantern Parade

Having had a couple of days to recover from Chocolate Baroque's fabulous launch party, I wanted to share some of my artwork which uses their brand new clear stamps. All the new sets are absolutely gorgeous, and I have been so privileged to be able work with them.  So here is my first post using the Chinese Lanterns.


I wanted to give the feel of real miniature lanterns so I stamped the images onto crepe paper using Versafine Onyx Black and then cut them out omitting the tassels. (A little patience was needed to avoid stretching the crepe paper!). I then stamped the tassels onto a self adhesive label and set aside to dry thoroughly. Next  I made three loops using fine black florist wire and attached one to each lantern using 3mm Ultra High Bond tape; and as lanterns usually hang from something I decided to use two sprays of paper flowers as my branches.

To assemble my card I matted the Aqua Polka Dotty paper from my new download collection onto an 8" x 8" card. Laying the card flat I then arranged everything as shown above.  I gently added a fine strip of the Ultra tape to each lantern, just enough to hold them in place and give the impression of actually hanging.  The  branches were attached using a glue gun.  Finally I cut out the tassels, removed the backing paper and stuck them into position. There is still room for a sentiment, but when I have the right occasion I will add something suitable.

If  you need to know how well these images stamp then I think using crepe paper has been a good test to illustrate this.  As you can see from the close up, none of the detail has been lost, even on this delicate surface.


I hope this has inspired you to check out these fab new stamps.  I will be back again soon with another design sample.

'Til then enjoy your crafting.
Lesley

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

These looks so real stamped onto the crepe paper & gorgeous on the polka dot paper (thanks for that).
Love the way that tassel is hanging off the edge of the patterned paper.
Congratulations on a super event/launch.
Paula (PEP)

Miranda said...

Hi Lesley, my eye spotted the 'paper engineer'in my blogroll and WOW what a lovely card you've made with these lanterns! The polka dot paper is a perfect match and like the lanterns stamped on different colours of paper. the real branch with flowers is a great idea! Hope you are fine and recovering from all the hustle and bustle(hope this is proper English) warm greet Mirandax

Aquarius said...

What a clever idea to use crepe paper for these lanterns and as you say a good test as the stamps show plenty of detail even on that surface.

Elaine said...

Great idea to use the crepe paper. This card is a real feat pf paper engineering and you have showcased the stamps brilliantly. A beautiful card Lesley. Elaine x

Sarah said...

Lesley - the crepe paper idea is inspired (trust you to come up with something completely different!). Fab. Sarah x